Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a desire fulfilled

Proverbs 13:12
Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life.

For the past 4 years or so, I have had a desire to go to a Spanish-speaking country after I graduated college to learn Spanish and work for a non-profit or Christian ministry. As God led me to serve with Young Life in West Houston, my desire to do full-time ministry and learn Spanish grew. Our gracious Father has given me an opportunity to fulfill this desire through serving with Young Life International for 10 months in San Jose, Costa Rica. I leave tomorrow morning!


*I am going to try and document my time and thanks in Costa on this blog, so stay tuned!*
 I am now about to venture into a foreign land with a lot of "unknowns". As I've been preparing to go, it has been difficult to remain thankful amidst the obstacles, doubts and fears of leaving my home, family and friends. God continually has brought me back to the truth of His love, character and faithfulness.

.TRUST.
The biggest thing I learning this summer is how important trusting our God is. The love of God is so trustworthy and when we rest in that truth our hearts can be at peace with whatever circumstance. As we trust the Giver of all things good, we are led to a state of thankfulness.
Continuous trust=constant gratitude.


I am convinced I have the best people in my life. So thankful for the support, love and prayers from my brothers and sisters in Christ as I start this new chapter of life. Below are some pics from my last days in Houston.










Thanks. Abundant Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Nicolina, May you look with wonder at the break of each new day and embrace the Adventure our Abba brings to you in love. May His word warm your heart as you surrender to His care, sacrificing the false perception of 'struggles' and seeing the beautiful path through that moment. Blessings little sister. May you know deep joy. Jim

    ReplyDelete