Monday, June 6, 2011

el primero






hearts flood with thanks

at the experiences shared
a picture and memory
reveal the joy of the gifts.
gracias Abba.




The title of my blog, "Vida en Eucharisteo"...."Life in Thanks" is a phrase, a word I should say, that has changed the way I see life. Eucharisteo is simply the Greek word that means, to be thankful. Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts, discusses the key to intimacy and joy in God is a heart of gratitude, in good times and bad. The author took on the challenge of recording litterally 1,000 things she is thankful for. After reading this book, my sweet (former) roomies and I took on this same challenge. This is not easy when our selfish selves want everything that we don't have and want to be anywhere but here. But, Thanks changes things, I have learned.



So, welcome to my blog of my life in thanks. Not a record of me venting, or a record of the places I go, but a record of my eucharisteos in life as I journey in to a new season of life. Please do join me in this journey of thankfulness.



Perhaps you will be spurred towards a heart of gratitude in your personal life journey. Perhaps you will take the challenge of recording 1,000 gifts in your life. Who knows, maybe God will radically transform your life from just a little thanks, like He has mine.






Today I am thankful for the desires of the past coming to fruition in the present.



Gracias Abba for your generosity. Thank you for the rain after seasons of dryness.




~N

No comments:

Post a Comment