Sunday, September 18, 2011

one month later...

It is hard to believe I have lived in Costa Rica for an entire month already! I have had a special week to mark my "one month anniversary"...

We celebrated Costa Rica's Independence Thursday, which made me gain a sense of pride for living here.

parade in my neighborhood



Friday after school my Tica Madre taught me how to cook arroz con pollo...one of the most popular, delicious dishes here.

Thursday was also the first campaigners, which I had the privilege to lead. It was awesome to discuss with students the "biggest goal in life" from Matthew 22:37.

Wednesday was "twin" club and Sydney and I were bilingual twin sister rappers...that's right....rappers. It was my first time in program Young Life skit and it was such a blast. The kids loved it and we rocked the rap.


Saturday I saw my second volcano in Costa Rica and it was so incredible! I'm blown away by how our Creator made us such a beautiful, fascinating earth.

lagoon with Syd!
Volcano Poas
it rained on us big time!
Thanks be to God for the past month. Thank you Lord for taking me away from the comforts of my home and drawing me oh so close to you. Thank you for your grace, especially in the difficult times...you are so gracious. Thank you for providing such a sweet community of believers for me to learn and grow with here. Thank you for the precious international teenagers we get to show the Love of God to. Thank you for my newest best friend Sydney that I get to share life with. Thank you for the ability to learn Spanish and the challenges of journeying to language school each day. Thank you for my helpful and loving host parents who have become a new family to me here. Thank you so much for my supportive and selfless boyfriend that still pursues me all the way from Houston, Texas. Thank you for the prayers and support from my amazing friends and family back home. Thankful for the faithfulness and immense love of God given in the past month.

Muchas Gracias a Dios


2 comments:

  1. .nicki-

    I love to see your updates. I am so proud of you for leaving what was familiar to see a more full picture of the way god loves his chldren and pursues them no matter what language they speak. Looks like you are having a blast. Loved the rap! Te amo mucho.

    Nicole Danner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the "sisters from another mister" thing!
    Love you friend, prayin for you!
    Liz Haynes

    ReplyDelete